GIT Goods in Transit Insurance courier
Can I insure my shipment?
Yes you can. This needs to be selected on the waybill. ICExpress will be responsible until the parcel is delivered – this is called ‘GIT’ insurance.(Goods in Transit)
Insurance Terms and Conditions.
Please note that in terms of our standard terms and conditions:-
- Goods are moved at owners risk unless insurance is activated.
- Due to the risk or damage to the shipments we advise you to purchase insurance cover for the full value of the consignment through your own insurance or through pre-arranged insurance negotiated by ICExpress.
- If Insurance is purchased through ICExpress, let it be known that we outsource this to an Insurance Brokerage and all claims are then handled by the sub-contracted Brokerage
- In the event of a claim, the excess amount is calculated at the HIGHER of R 500-00 or 10% of the value of the goods.
- A claim will only be considered if the Proof of Delivery states that the shipment was delivered incomplete or damaged.
- All claims must be lodged within 7 days after the delivery.
- All waybills and online quotes must be clearly marked indicating that insurance is required and the value of the goods indicated.
- Undervaluing may result in any claims being rejected or compensation based on the undervalued amount.